How to Self-Tan Your Face
Self-tanning your face can be a great way to achieve a healthy, sun-kissed glow without the damaging effects of sun exposure. Your face is some of the most delicate and exposed skin on your body. It is often the first thing people look at when they see you, so taking care of it is vitally important. Avoiding harmful sun exposure that can prematurely age your skin, can keep your face looking more youthful and radiant throughout your entire life.
But when you do need that extra touch of color, self-tanning products are the best and healthiest way to achieve a glowing complexion without the risks. To achieve the best results, it is important to take the proper steps before applying self-tanner to your face. And to ensure your self-tan looks natural and even, Glow by Skalla has put together this simple guide on how to self-tan your face using our Flawless Finish Bronzing Drops.
These drops have been specially formulated for the delicate skin on your face. Our Flawless Finish Bronzing Drops are made with the finest and purist ingredients. Aloe leaf juice, an anti-inflammatory that is rich in vitamins A and C, promotes skin healing, and organic glycerin provides for smooth application, resulting in the ultimate flawless finish. All Glow by Skalla products are vegan friendly, sulfate free, and paraben free, so you can feel good about what you’re putting on your skin!
How to Self-Tan Your Face in Easy-To-Follow Steps
- Prep your face. You prep your face for self-tanning by using gentle exfoliating techniques. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells and creates a smooth, even surface for the self-tanner to adhere to. You can use a gentle face scrub or exfoliant. Be sure to avoid using scrubs that are too harsh, as they can cause irritation and make it harder for the self-tanner to evenly distribute. Gently apply the products to remove the dead skin cells and rinse clean.
- Moisturize. Once your skin is exfoliated, it's important to moisturize. This will help to nourish your skin and keep it hydrated, which will help to prevent dryness and flaking. Use a lightweight moisturizer that is oil-free and non-comedogenic, so that it won't clog your pores. Our Flawless Finish Bronzing Drops are designed to either mixed with your facial moisturizer, or for darker results, they can be applied directly to your face. Always remember to wash your hands before and after applying self-tanner to your face. If you do not wash your hands after application, your hands will absorb the self-tanner, and your palms will look unnaturally dark. This is especially true if your hands are dry because the main ingredient in self-tanner tends to cling to dry skin.
- Apply tanner. When you're ready to apply the self-tanner, use a small amount and blend it in well. A little goes a long way when it comes to self-tanning, so you don't need to use a lot of product. Plus, your skin can only absorb a thin layer of self-tanner at one time. Applying too much at once, can result in a streaky, uneven appearance. Apply the self-tanner in circular motions and be sure to cover all areas of your face, including your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. Make sure to blend your self-tanner down your neckline naturally as you would if you were applying makeup.
- Allow the tanner to dry. After you've applied the self-tanner, wait at least 20 minutes before applying makeup or going to bed. This will give the self-tanner time to fully develop and dry. We recommend applying before bed for the best results, as this allows the maximum amount of time for the tanner to develop before applying makeup. If you apply before bed, the tanner will develop fully overnight, and you can wash your face in the morning before applying moisturizer. But if you prefer to apply in the morning, it is ok to use your self-tanner under your make up for a glowing primer.
- Reapply every 3 to 7 days. Once your tan has developed, if you're not satisfied with the color, you can always apply a second coat the next day. But be aware that if you apply too much self-tanner, you'll end up with a darker, more unnatural-looking tan. Always apply in thin layers letting each layer dry and develop before applying more self-tanner. Reapply every 3 to 7 days to maintain your desired color. When it comes time to remove the self-tan, you can use a gentle exfoliating scrub or facial cleanser to help break down the self-tanner. You can also use a wet loofah or washcloth to exfoliate your skin. But be gentle, as over-exfoliating can cause irritation and dryness.
Lastly, it is always important to keep in mind that self-tanners do not contain sunscreen, so be sure to use sunscreen with at least 30 SPF to protect your skin from sun damage. The skin on your face is most susceptible to sun damage because it is always exposed. Sun damage not only increases your risk of skin cancer but also prematurely ages your delicate skin. Once the damage is done, there is no treatment to reverse it. That is why it is vitally important to wear sunscreen on your face daily. Investing in facial moisturizer or foundation that already contains sunscreen 30 SPF or higher can be an easy way to always remember your sunscreen.
Self-tanning your face can be a great way to achieve a sun-kissed glow without the risks associated with sun exposure. By following these simple steps and using the right products, you can achieve a natural-looking, even, and streak-free tan. For more information about our Flawless Finish Bronzing Drops, you can watch our video. It explains and demonstrates how to self-tan your face as well as gives tips and tricks that you can use to achieve the best possible results. If an endless summer glow is what you’re looking for, Glow by Skalla has you covered from head to toe!